Wednesday 28 May 2014

WOYWW # 260

It's Wednesday and that means WOYWW which, I'm sure you are dying  to know, stands for .......
'What's On Your Work desk Wednesday'. If you too would like to join in the fun then, take a pic of your work desk and share it with lots of other 'nosey', I mean like minded people.
Hop on over to Julia's blog   Stamping Ground  for more info. Hope to see you there.

To mark the fifth anniversary of WOYWW, which is this week we are going to trade or gift ATC's if you would like to join in the fun click here for more info.
 
Happy Anniversary Julia

Hi desk hoppers,
It's hard to believe another year has rolled by and WOYWW is in it's 5th year, doesn't time fly when your having fun!  So without further ado...............................Here is my desk.



My desk is fairly tidy (for me) as I just finished my May tag for T!m Holtz 12 Tags of 2014 on Monday and had to seriously tidy up. So on my desk you can see my new DI storage system. They are laser cut ready to assemble MDF, I have made up five of the trays so far only another 45 to go eek! I'm gonna need a bigger bottle of glue me thinks.
The block in the middle of my desk is my home made glue bottle holder, which I found out while assembling, was something I absolutely needed. This was a joint effort by Mr and me, he knocked together some bits of wood and I artistically decorated it with paint and pretty paper, perfect!
The mobile phone stand is all my own work made from a mini easel, chipboard, the same paint and paper line.
The basket to the right has my paraphernalia for T!ms April tag in it (and some of the new shadow press folders from this months tag) err yes I know it's May but I have been otherwise occupied,  I will get a round tuit ....honest!
In front of the basket are my blending blocks another team effort from Mr and me (what would I do without him x)
The picture of a girl on her bike is a cross stitched piece I made for my daughter quite a number of years ago, and is waiting to have the frame re painted to match her bedroom.
The black plaque to the left I bought to maybe alter as it was only £1 as was the ribbon, just loved that shade of green.
And that as they say, is that !
I will be taking part in the ATC swap and look forward  to finding out who my recipient will be.
If anyone else  is interested I would be happy to do a swap with you too just email me with your address.
Enjoy your desk hopping and
Happy Art making
Hugs Lottie x






12 comments:

  1. Happy WOYWW 5th Anniversary.

    That's a fab idea for the glue stick. I am forever putting mine down and getting glue on other things:)

    I hope you have a good WOYWW. Sue 59

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't come across the storage for DI before...must look into it! Thanks for sharing and joining in the anniversary fun! Happy 5th WOYWW Anniversary. Caro x (#43)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your Mister do make an excellent team, Lottie! I love the new DI holder that you are putting together and the mobile easel (clever!) and the sponge container. Well, you know, if it screams of efficiency and organization, I'm all about it so you are a girl after my own heart!!

    And, now, the best desk vision of all: that girl on the bike! What a wonderful image, so beautifully stitched!! I think you should set everything else aside and get that frame sorted so she can hang it again! (How's that for bossy?!)

    Yes, I did get your email and just answered it (sorry I am tardy) and I have you on my swap list!! So exciting! Thanks for coming to visit me earlier! Happy WOYWW 5th Anniversary! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lottie,

    Organization is the name of the game here! Is that a Mary Engelbrecht cross stitch? I love her art work.

    YES, I'd love to swap ATCs with you. I've emailed you so check your inbox.

    Happy WOYWW
    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 5ht WOYWW! I am your Pass it Forward partner! Please email me your addy so I can get your ATC in the post! belinda@acorncrafts.co.za You are about the 3rd person I have seen on line making these DI storage towers. I am making my own from foam core board from an idea I found on Pinterest. It is working quite well...it was till I ran out of the thin board and did not get to the shops today to get more...so it is on hold for the time being! #61

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello and thanks for visiting me earlier. Happy Anniversary. See you live in Halifax - a touch too far for my class. My son and family live in Holmfirth and my son is sometimes at the hospital in Halifax for his job. I love organising my stash and room. Anne x #36
    PS would love to swap with you will try and email you. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lot going on on your desk - how any of those are you making? What a task but look forward to seeing the end product.
    Happy 5th Anniversary for WOYWW - Hugs and Thanks for visiting me earlier - Neet 11 x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lottie - so nice to read of a DH who joins you in your crafting. Mine is very supportive (doesn't mind me spending TOO much time or money) but just nods and says 'lovely' when I show him a project!! Lots of lovely things going on, on your desk. Hugs, Chris # 15

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Dottie,

    I think you must be related to Dede and me because you don't have OCD at all like we don't either. LOL Love those little trays and that glue bottle stand, I think I might have to get to work and create on of them but hey mine stands upside down on my spin trolley on the desk, so maybe I really don't need one. As for the phone, I am sure that is my phone on your desk, go on check out my desk and you will see my phone, EXACTLY ok you got it right in one hit..... Now as for the bottle tops there are many different sizes and they are used for stamping into paint or ink and then stamped onto layouts or journals, hey it's cheap and it works a treat. Yep nearly got Christmas sorted too. Nothing like being OCD.....

    Have a great week and thanks for the giggle and share.

    Happy 5th WOYWW Anniversary
    Hugs Eliza & Yoda #8

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, what a busy desk you have. I'm a bit late visiting this week, hope you are having a nice WOYWW anniversary week.
    Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lottie, those distress ink storage shelves look great, you'll be mighty busy assembling them all. I just have a slim shelf just high enough for piles of 4 and I don't even store them upside down like you, never had the need. Good job I visited today as your blog has helped me pick out just the right ATC for your Swap, oh I wonder which one I chose for you? LOL BJ#103

    ReplyDelete
  12. Belated happy 5th WOYWW anniversary! The week has gone by so quickly and I am still trying to visit for last week! That is a cute cross stitch frame you have there. And the glue holder is a great idea!
    Blessings and hugs,
    peggy aplSEEDS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for paying me a visit today and leaving your comment and a little crafty happiness. Hugs Lottie x