Monday 30 June 2014

TIm Holtz 12 Tags of 2014 June

Hey, Happy  Monday to you, hope you had a great weekend.
I am so last minute (again) posting my June T!m tag, good job there is the difference in time zones is all I can say.
I followed T!m's tutorial  here  but I must say getting a result that I was happy with from the water colour monoprint technique took me 3 attempts. I used the speckles stencil first but thought the colours were  too muddy so I tried the doily stencil (twice) and didn't like those either. I decided to stamp up my first attempt thinking the butterflies would cover most of the muddy part and see how it looked. I thought it wasn't too bad so carried on and finished it off.
I really enjoyed making this months tag and realise I definitely need those mini Distress inks, it would have  been much easier to  apply smaller amounts of ink to the stencil.
I love the Paula Cheney bow, so easy when you know how eh.
So  am I happy with this tag?
Yes I am!  and the funny thing is, is that the thing I love most about my tag
is that area of muddy inking at the bottom of the tag.
Ahh well alls well that ends well, as they say.
Have a great week
Happy Art making
Hugs Lottie x









3 comments:

  1. I'm loving the mix of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only three attempts - I had a bin full! It is a beautiful tag Lottie, I love your colour choices and your bow is gorgeous. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lottie,

    I agree, I love the muddy look at the bottom of the tag. I saw the small ink pads at the store and wondered why someone would buy the small ones -- well, you've answered that question for me!

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for paying me a visit today and leaving your comment and a little crafty happiness. Hugs Lottie x