Monday 6 October 2014

NEW ! - Zsuzsa's Sunday Sentiments

Hello fellow bloggers,
Today is the start of Zsuzsa's new weekly link party,  Sunday Sentiments. Everyone is welcome and the rules are very simple: post a link to your crafty project that includes a meaningful sentiment. 
If you would like to know more and would like to join in click on this link > Introducing Sunday Sentiments to be taken to her information page.

Zsuzsa has created a beautiful vibrant canvas with of course an appropriately lovely sentiment.  
Click on this link to take a look  >  Inky Dinky Doodle

So, for my offering I am linking this 60th Birthday card that I made for a male friend as it has the required meaningful sentiment (I hope). My card base was coloured with Denim and Vintage Photo DI, then embossed with the Pocket Watches embossing folder. I used the movers and shapers mini pocket watch die to cut some foil covered grunge board which I then embossed with the Gears folder. I  used Tim's industrial technique to finish it off. I also used this technique on the numbers 6 and 0.
The sentiment I created on the computer and printed on to some Vintage Photo Distress inked manilla card stock and placed behind a  black card, pocket watch die cut. To finish off I added some idea-ology gears and a piece of chain.



I hope you will join in with Zsuzsa's new Sunday Sentiment link party, she even allows you to link to a previous project you have made, which is excellent, as I think most of us have probably said "sometimes there just aren't enough hours in the day"!
Thank you for stopping by 
Happy Art making
Hugs Lottie x

8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this, Lottie! I'm overwhelmed by your kindness! Your card is so wonderful! A very subtle but elegant steampunk effect, perfect for a gentleman of a certain age ;) I love the sentiment too! It's so important that we do things that make us happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really does have the wow factor Lottie, I love the embossed background, your beautiful inky colouring and that watch is amazing, I love every little detail of it. That is a great sentiment for the occasion too! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous card Lottie, it has real style. I love your choice of colours too.
    Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure the recipient will be delighted with this wonderful card. Love all the little cogs and dimension in the watch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is wonderful!!!! The colors are great and it is put together very well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card and sentiment. I love the embossed backround and the soft colour.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for paying me a visit today and leaving your comment and a little crafty happiness. Hugs Lottie x